Sunday, August 28, 2011

I don't really know what to say. It's probably bad to admit that.

I decided to start this blog, mostly because some friends and coworkers have told me repeatedly that I should be writing these things down. I’m not entirely sure what I should talk about for my very first blog entry. How about the fact that my hands are covered in bits of dog food because I couldn’t locate the scoop. The scoop has gone MIA. Also the fact that I thought that wiping them off would suffice, but I just noticed a bunch of gritty kibble under my nails. Also my dog ate a snake this morning. I was upset by this, naturally, because I really, really like snakes. What? Natural pest control baby.

So I live on a 29.4 acre hobby farm in the beautiful state of WV. Notice that I did not say the farm itself was beautiful. I mean it is, with the trees and the creeks and all, but all of the structures on it are falling down. Like really falling down. Like super really falling down and the driveway is falling into the creek. 

It’s a fixer upper.

 If you’re wondering why I moved somewhere that was falling down, and three hours from my job, let me point out that I inherited this place after my Dad died and thanks for bringing up those painful memories, asshole.

It’s also one of the best places to live in whole world where I can see breathtaking natural beauty on a daily if not hourly basis.

So stay tuned friends and family! For all of the greatest hits I promised people I would write down some day, like the Highlander Uncertainty Principle, the paraplegic werewolf dream, and my plans to build I life size Falcor in my front lawn out of snow and ride that baby to freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment