Friday, February 24, 2012

Some Thoughts on Murdering the Guineas.


Let me tell you something straight up, right now. Defeathering sucks ass, but not as bad as I thought it would. Another think I have to point out, you know how in Kill Bill when they slice off people's heads and blood comes out in a geyser and I always that the was awesome but stupid and it would never work that way in real life?

It does. That is exactly what happens.

I do not want to go into to much detail about our day yesterday, so I will leave you with these quotes. I think they sum it up pretty well.

“DON'T AIM THAT AT ME!”

“No, you are not allowed to Google 'getting blood stains off of clothing' do you want to end up on a watch list!?”

“You had better wash the blood off your face before going to the store.”

“Dude I look like a character from my video game!”

“These wing feathers hate me Scott. They motherfucking hate us all.”

“What the hell are we going to tell your mom when she asks how the guineas are doing?” “Well I don't think saying they were wonderful is going to cut it?”

“This is what happens when people just give us animals. *pause* You know, I think I'll just relate this story the next time one of our coworkers tries to give us a dog because we 'live on a farm'”

“Don't interrupt my nerd rant. Fine have it your way we'll just sit in silence while doing this boring repetitive task.”

And that was that. I think the really important thing here is that we learned a lot. Mainly we learned that saying this process is messy is like saying the titanic was a little ship. Trash bags became my friend that day.

BFFs for life trash bags!

BFFs For Life.

3 comments:

  1. I was just watching Kill Bill yesterday. So your description made me laugh. so. hard.

    Also, bloodstains out of fabric? peroxide. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Holly, today you become not just Queen Holly the Magnificent, but a recipient of the Liebster Blog award! Check out the details on my post of today. I'm glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I love you now. But not in the 'let's get married way' more like you are 'becoming a really good friend way.' Yeah. The not creepy way. I'm going to stop typing now before I make this worse.

      Delete