Thursday, September 1, 2011

The chicken coup foundation is finished.


We have just finished the foundation for the new chicken coup. I am ecstatic. We started this project all the way back in April, when we hand dug out the foundation. 

That was not fun, in case you were wondering. It is my policy to do all the digging I need to get done for the whole year in early spring because that is when the ground is soft and bare. Also since I hate the heat it allows me to work when it's colder outside. 

You might think that above statement is crazy, which means you have never had to dig anything in your entire life before. Also, you suck. Moving on, I am happy this damn thing is finally done.

It might not look like much, but what have you done today?


We sang a congratulatory round of 'We are the Champions' and then I yelled that we were getting shit done like mother fucking champions, which I can do because I really don't have neighbors. 

It might not look like much, now, but I assure you this was no small task. Now all we have to do is back fill the foundation, level the floor, get sand, put sand down, pour the concrete for the floor, build the walls, and then transfer the roof from the old coup to the new one and then we'll be done.*sigh*
 
Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment