Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It's Been a Year.

-->
It's been a year since I started this blog. A year of cursing and life and death and going to work and having the breaks fail and pushing myself to fix up this place if it motherfucking kills me. When I started this blog I figured that no one would read it. I didn't even tell any friends and family, not even the husband, that I had started it. I figured that would be the equivalent of showing everyone you meet pictures of the cat art you make out of dyed macaroni pieces.

You just don't do it.

Plus, I figured that I would have stopped writing by now. You know, since I have this farm and a job and a husband and my free time consists of 'time I spend between the shower and bed after the sun goes down.' Somehow throughout this insane year I have found the time to drag my tired ass to the keyboard and write on a consistent basis.

I know, I am surprised too.

But I was even more surprised that people started reading this blog. And that they liked it. That was the holy-shit-complete-strangers-are-telling-me-good-things-about-myself-that-almost-never-happens moment.

So I wanted to thank all of you, beloved readers.

Now at this point most bloggers would say they would love to thank you all but that can't think of a way to do that but fuck that shit because that is lame as hell so I painted you all a ghost chicken.

There is no need to thank me. Okay, maybe a little.

Ta Da! I think someone out there might have a new desk top background. Or a bullion board decoration. The only thing you can't do with the ghost chicken is resell the image in any form. Other then that, think of the many uses!

Terrify small children by placing the ghost chicken on the ceiling over their beds and telling them it will pluck at their face if they are bad! Leave small copies of the pictures laying around the house to confuse guests and spouses! Put the ghost chicken staring into a mirror to reclaim it's lost raccoon chewed soul! The uses are endless really.

So this is my gift, from me to you.

Use it well, gentle readers.

Use it well.



5 comments:

  1. Ta much. I do like a spooky chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so AWESOME! I love thank yous, and you do gratitude really well.

    Dude! It's SO going onto my blog, to share with all the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, this is great. It's a lovely, lovely ghost chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly, congratulations on a full year. You're such an awesome blogger.

    Ghost chicken is also awesome. Today, on my to-do list, I am adding: Find a place for ghost chicken!

    so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will use with pride. Printed picture of the ghost chicken on my desk at work to remind me to go grocery shopping before I get home.

    ReplyDelete