Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Door Was Open Again

So Scott left the door open again last night and when I got up this morning the dog was gone. I did what any self respecting wife would do is this situation, I woke up my god damned husband and told him that he was was going to go look for the god damned dog.

Now he swears he shut the door last night. I doubt that he did. Either that, or the cat has learned how to open doors. Luckily, as I was stepping out to feed the animals, I see the dog running out of the garden, where she had presumably been eating things out of the compost bin. Yummy.

So I catch her and bring her back inside, no harm no foul.

But why is the door still open in the mornings? There are three possibilities.

1. The door is not shutting properly and is popping back open when the wind hits it.

2. The cat has figured out how to open doors.

3. Scott is forgetting to shut the door at night after feeding our outdoor cats.

Now, if number one was true, I would expect the door would also be popping open during the day as well. Even if it was something weird like the cooler night air is causing the wood to shrink and the door comes open, I would doubt it. Today has been colder that the past two days combined, and the door is still shut.

My cat is pretty dumb.

I think number three is more likely. I'm thinking of setting up my web cam and aiming it at the door all night and seeing what the hell is going on. I'm not sure it will record for eight hours, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

All I can say is it had better not be motherfucking Mothman.

No comments:

Post a Comment